News and EventsMonday, February 1, 2016
COA seeks volunteers for Advisory Council
Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio (COA) is seeking new members for its Advisory Council. COA is a large non-profit serving a multi-county region. Our mission is to enhance people’s lives by helping them to remain independent at home through a range of quality services. We need Advisory Council members who live in and would represent Butler, Clermont, and Hamilton counties.
Advisory Council role
The Advisory Council gives voice to older consumers of services, people with disabilities and others involved in the field of aging. Members’ views are brought to the attention of the Board of Trustees and COA staff to bring about a collaboration of older citizens, people with disabilities, community agencies, and state and local governments.
Advisory Council purpose
• To provide information, guidance, advice, and support to Council on Aging.
• To be an advocate on behalf of older adults and people with disabilities in Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton and Warren counties.
• To represent the interests of older adults and people with disabilities in the county where you live.
• Help evaluate program results and assess new service needs.
• Review and recommend action on service contracts and the Area Plan for Council on Aging.
• Help recruit volunteers for program activities and participate in outreach activities.
• Support services for older adults and people with disabilities by actively advocating at the community, state and federal levels.
• Report on issues, activities, and concerns related to older adults in your community.
• Attend quarterly Advisory Council meetings plus 4‐6 committee meetings annually
If interested in volunteering for COA’s Advisory Council, click here for the prospective member form. Return the completed form to Sandy Rodich, Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio, 175 Tri County Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45246 or by Email: email@example.com