Service Area:

Resource Directory


How to Print Your Search Results

To Print a Single Resource - Click the "Print Resource" link within the resource listing to view a printer-friendly page. When the page opens, right-click within the page and select "Print."

To Print Multiple Resources - First, select specific resources for your list by checking the "Add to List" box next to each resource. Or, to print all the resources shown on the page, check the "Add All To Print List" box. Next, click "Print List" to generate a printer-friendly PDF document. You can then print the document or save it to your computer.

NOTE: Remember to print your list before you leave this page. Checked items will be lost if you leave this page.

Resource Directory Search

Search Criteria Area: All Areas


Your Right to Representation

You can choose to have a representative help you when you do business with Social Security. Social Security will work with your representative, just as they would with you. Both you and your representative are responsible for providing Social Security with accurate information. It is wrong to knowingly and willingly furnish false information. If you do, you may be prosecuted criminally.

What a Representative Can Do

Once appointed, your representative can act for you in most Social Security matters.

  • Get information from your Social Security file.
  • Help you get medical records or information to support your claim.
  • Come with you, or for you, to any interview, conference, or hearing you have with Social Security.
  • Request a reconsideration, hearing, or Appeals Council review.
  • Help you and your witnesses prepare for a hearing and question any witnesses.

Your representative will also receive a copy of the decision(s) Social Security makes on your claim(s).

Choosing a Representative

You can choose an attorney or other qualified person to represent you. You can also have more than one representative. Once you choose a representative, you must tell Social Security in writing as soon as possible. To report, use Form SSA-1696-U4, Appointment of Representative, which you can obtain from any Social Security office or online at

For More Information

Click here for more information about your right to representation or call the toll-free number 800-772-1213.

No results matched your search.

 |  CMS Login
175 Tri County Parkway | Cincinnati, OH 45246 | (513) 721-1025