Sight for Students gift certificates are distributed through a network of community partners. Families can locate partners in their area using the â€œFind a Partnerâ€ search feature on their Web site. The partner will determine
if a child meets the eligibility requirements of the program, which are:
- The familyâ€™s income is no more than 200% of the federal poverty level.
- The child is not enrolled in Medicaid or other vision insurance.
- The child is 18 years or younger and has not graduated from high school.
- The child or parent is a U.S. citizen or legal immigrant with a social security number.
- The child has not used the Sight for Students program during the past 12 months.
If a child is eligible, the community partner will issue a Sight for Students
gift certificate along with a list of VSP doctors in the area. All VSP
doctors accept Sight for Student gift certificates, so the family can pick the doctor thatâ€™s right for the child.