The Cincinnati-Hamilton County Community Action Agency (CAA) is a private, non-profit organization that has served as a lifeline for low-income children, adults and families throughout Hamilton County for more than four decades. The agency provides a safety net for those who have fallen and a ladder for those who are climbing. Delivering a seamless system of services, CAA and its 300 employees provide assistance with employment, supportive services, home energy efficiency, early childhood education, housing and youth programs.
The Supportive Services program assists individuals in emergency situations
to help them obtain the resources they need.
- Bus tokens for individuals who come to our offices for services
- Case management services
- Voucher for lifeline telephone assistance
- Food vouchers
- Rental and mortgage payment assistance
- Water bill payment assistance
It also provide assistance in obtaining:
- Birth certificates
- Police checks
- Prescribed medications
- Referrals for other social services, such as assistance with
prescription eye glasses and eye exams
- State Identification cards
Supportive Services also refers clients to other CAA services, such as Employment Services, GED classes, Ex-Offender Fresh Start Program, Head Start, Blueprint for Success, and the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP).