Cincinnati Area Senior Services, Inc. is a contracted provider of Council on Aging offering the following services:
- home-delivered meals (therapeutic available)
- medical transportation
- congregate meals
- supportive services
More about Cincinnati Area Senior Services:
CASS provides two kinds of vital transportation for those age 60 and older:
- Senior Transport - Seniors who are unable to drive and have no other means of reliable transportation can become unnecessarily homebound and isolated. Having access to essential services such as medical care and grocery shopping is a critical component in making it possible for a senior to remain living at home. Transportation to provided to neighborhood senior center, weekly grocery shopping trips, and for group outings, social and recreational events. Contact the CASS transportation department at (513) 721-0375.
- Medical Transport in wheelchair-equipped vans to medical appointments, clinics, and dialysis units is a crucial link for those confined to their home. CASS provides door-to-door medical trips, many for non-ambulatory people. Seniors must qualify under the PASSPORT or ESP programs. Contact to Council on Aging at (513) 721-1025 for information.
Guardianship Assistance Program (GAP): The senior who is both very compromised and completely alone is a special, and often desperate case. Typically a group home or nursing home resident age 60 or older, this client may require a court-appointed Guardian to advocate for his or her interests, make health care decisions, and provide the comfort of human contact. Guardianship is a legally defined process. While it may pertain to the individual, the estate, or both, CASS's program is solely involved in the care and management of the person. GAP recruits and trains guardians for this compassionate task, providing legal and social services support. CASS also holds quarterly training sessions to monitor program quality and assure dignity in the face of decline. Guardianship services are available in Hamilton County only, although volunteers can live outside Hamilton County.
CASS offers congegate meals at the following centers- call 513-721-4330 for times and days:
- Anderson Senior Center: 7970 Beechmont Ave, Cincinnati
- Booth Residence: 6000 Townvista Dr, Cincinnati
- Green Twp Senior Center: 3620 Epley Rd, Cincinnati
- Delhi Township Community & Senior Center: 647 Neeb Rd, Cincinnati
- Maple Towers: 601 Maple Ave, Cincinnati (breakfast and lunch)
- Over the Rhine Senior Center: 1720 Race St, Cincinati (breakfast and lunch)]
- Sharonville Recreation Center: 10990 Thornview, Sharonville
- Woodlawn Community Center: 10050 Woodlawn Blvd, Woodlawn
- Whitewater Community and Senior Center: 6125 Dry Fork, Cleves