Council on Aging releases 2012 annual report
Thursday, March 7, 2013
Council on Aging`s 2012 Annual Report highlights the role and impact of our organization in communities across southwestern Ohio. Through new and expanding partnerships, including Ohio`s new Integrated Care Delivery System (ICDS) and the Southwest Ohio Care Transitions Collaborative, we are working to strengthen the points where health care and long-term care connect. This new integrated model for care will be particularly important as our region undergoes a dramatic age transformation.
As the Area Agency on Aging for Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton and Warren counties, Council on Aging offers:
- Independence for seniors: making it possible for thousands of frail seniors to remain in their homes.
- Support for families: serving as our region`s "front door" to services and resources for caregivers and people who are elderly or have disabilities.
- Resources for communities: helping elected officials and other community leaders plan and prepare for the aging of the population.
- Savings for taxpayers: ensuring that taxpayers who fund in-home care programs are getting the highest quality services for the lowest possible cost.
Highlights from COA`s 2012 annual report, include:
- Clients receiving in-home services: 20,459
- Hours of home care provided: 2.1 million
- Number of home-delivered meals: nearly 2 million to 10,011 homebound older adults
- Transportation for medical appointments and senior center activities: 280,047 trips
- Calls for information about help for seniors: 29,322
- Advocacy meetings and client visits with elected officials: 112
The report also highlights Council on Aging`s efforts to help people move from nursing homes to more independent home and community-based settings. COA has two Community Transitions Specialists working in our region`s 131 nursing facilities with the goal of helping individuals and families navigate the complicated process of transitioning from one care setting to another.
Click here to read COA`s 2012 Annual Report. The 2012 report, as well as previous years` reports and the Elderly Services Program annual reports, are available on the Reports and Data page of our website. To request a hard copy of the 2012 report, send us an email with your name, address and quantity requested.