COA seeks advisory council members
Friday, September 12, 2014
Council on Aging is looking to fill open positions on its Advisory Council. The Advisory Council plays a critical role in COA’s mission to enhance people’s lives by assisting them to remain at home through a range of quality services. The current openings include:
- One opening in Butler County
- One opening in Clermont County
- Two openings in Clinton County
- One opening in Hamilton County
The role of the Advisory Council is to give voice to older consumers of services, people with disabilities and others involved in the field of aging. Members’ views are brought to the attention of the Board of Trustees and COA staff to bring about a collaboration of older citizens, people with disabilities, community agencies, and state and local governments.
The purpose of the Advisory Council is:
- To provide information, guidance, advice, and support to Council on Aging.
- To be an advocate on behalf of older adults and people with disabilities in Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton and Warren counties.
- To represent the interests of older adults and people with disabilities in the county where you live.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Evaluating program results and assessing new service needs
- Reviewing and recommending action on service contracts and the Area Plan for COA
- Recruiting volunteers for program activities and participating in outreach activities
- Supporting services for older adults and people with disabilities by actively advocating at the community, state and federal levels
- Reporting on issues, activities and concerns related to older adults in the community
By law, more than half of the Advisory Council’s membership must be over 60 years of age and we are in need of prospective members that meet that requirement.
If you are interested or know of potential candidates, please download and complete this form and return it to the address included on the bottom of the front page.