ADA 25th anniversary celebration is July 27
Wednesday, June 10, 2015
The Silver (25th) Anniversary of the signing of the Americans with Disabilities Act will be celebrated on Fountain Square on Monday, July 27, 2015! Exhibitors and activities will begin at 10am; speakers, entertainers, advocates, and officials will gather from 11:30am - 1:30pm in celebration of the ADA Anniversary. Council on Aging is a sponsor.
Senator Eric Kearney will serve as program host, and speakers will include Councilman Kevin Flynn, Chip Gerhardt, and Ms. Wheelchair Ohio. Entertainment will be provided by Steel 'n Jon and Melodic Connections.
The signing of this historical act in 1990 set the pace for making a significant impact on the lives of Americans with and without disabilities. To join in this celebratory event, and address the important work still ahead to promote full inclusion and participation of all people with disabilities, the following opportunities are available:
- Be a sponsor or exhibitor
- Nominate an individual, school, employer, or business in our community that has made it possible for people with disabilities to experience full inclusion and participation click
- Express how the ADA has impacted you or someone you know in the workplace, school, or community by participating in our Writing Contest
- Participate in the inaugural Disability Pride March. This half mile, fully accessible walk will begin at City Hall with the presentation of a City of Cincinnati Proclamation at 9:30AM. The walk will go through Piatt Park (route is on sidewalks only) and will end on Fountain Square. To get more info or to sign up click here.
- Spread the word by posting and sharing a promotional poster or "Like" the event on Facebook!
Questions? Contact CILO at 513.241.2600 ext 123 or email@example.com.