Home- and community-based providers may be eligible for financial support to cover COVID-19 expenses
Wednesday, August 12, 2020
Council on Aging (COA) is sharing the following information regarding the federal Provider Relief Fund Program with our provider network. Please note the informational webinar scheduled for 3pm, Aug. 13. COA is not involved with the application or award process for Provider Relief Funds. We are sharing information that may be of benefit to your business or organization.
Many health care providers – including home and community-based providers – are experiencing significant financial hardships in the COVID-19 pandemic. Congress provided $175 billion in relief funds to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to deliver financial relief to hospitals and other health care providers, including those on the front lines of the coronavirus response.
Since March, HHS, through the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), has been distributing the funds to various providers in phases to support their increased healthcare-related expenses or lost revenue that are attributable to COVID-19; and to reimburse claims for the testing and treatment of uninsured individuals diagnosed with COVID-19.
Home- and Community-Based Providers may be eligible to receive up to 2% of their patient revenue due to increased expenses or lost revenues attributable to COVID-19. See if you are eligible and apply by August 28, 2020. Click here for more information and application instructions. If you encounter challenges with the application, call the HHS/HRSA Provider Support Line at (866) 569-3522.
Additional Learning Opportunities:
- Attend a webcast on Thurs., Aug 13 at 3:00pm ET about the CARES Act Provider Relief Fund. Learn about the expanded application and who is eligible to apply. Registration is required and space may be limited: https://bit.ly/3fIlD2w
- Review the 6 steps for applying
- Questions or problems with the application process? Call the HHS/HRSA Provider Support Line at (866) 569-3522
Who is eligible to apply?
- Providers who bill Medicare, Medicaid, Medicaid managed care, or CHIP
- Dental providers who accept insurance, as well as bill patients directly
- First-time or previous applicants may apply as long as they haven’t already received 2% of their patient revenue