Council on Aging releases 2020 Impact Report
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Dear Community Partners:
Each year brings challenges when your organization is dedicated to serving older adults and people with disabilities. The population we serve is growing rapidly. There are not enough qualified workers to fill the growing demand for in-home care. Family caregivers find themselves providing increasingly complex care while also trying to raise families and manage careers. Add a global pandemic to the mix and the probability of things going from bad to worse increases drastically.
While it has certainly been a challenging time – especially for those we serve – I could not be prouder of our response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In our 2020 Impact Report, you'll learn how Council on Aging (COA) quickly adapted to meet our community's needs. The stories and data in this report illustrate the breadth of this response and highlight the innovations and partnerships that grew out of the pandemic. The reports' digital format lets us paint a more complete picture of our work during a year like we've never experienced before. Not only do we tell the story in numbers, we also share stories that illustrate how we were able to pivot during the pandemic to assist our clients, as well as other older adults who never before needed assistance.
While our work to help older adults through the pandemic continues, I am hopeful we will soon see a return to normalcy. In the meantime, I choose to celebrate the positive moments of the past year, especially as we enter a new era for COA and celebrate 50 years of service to our community. Thank you for taking time to read and share our 2020 Impact Report.
CEO, Council on Aging
- 27,511 older adults and people with disabilities remained independent in their homes with our help
- 1.9 million home-delivered and congregate meals served
- Provided 165,305 trips for medical and senior center activities
- 2,218 clients transitioned home from hospital or nursing facility via transitional care programs such as FastTrack Home
- Contracted with 298 organizations to provide more than 1.3 million hours of in-home care
- 49,574 requests for information and referral fulfilled
- 121,145 unique visitors to COA's website
- Completed 828 minor home repairs
- 33,982 comfort meals delivered
- 1,069 personal care supply boxes sourced and delivered
- 925 new home-delivered meals enrollees
- 15,603 14-day shelf-stable meal boxes delivered
- 30,493 pieces of PPE distributed to provider network
- 48,928 masks distributed
- 10,468 welfare calls to clients at beginning of pandemic
- 9 restaurant partners in Comfort Meal Program
COA's 2020 Impact Report covers the time period October 1, 2019 - September 30, 2020.