COVID-19 Vaccine Information for Providers
Council on Aging's provider network is included in Phase 1A of Ohio's COVID-19 vaccination plans. However, we recognize that it has been difficult for providers to access vaccine for their employees.
Vaccines are currently available through a number of sources in the community, including county health departments, health networks, pharmacies and federally-qualified health centers.
We encourage you to direct your staff to register with these resources to get vaccinated. Some providers are scheduling appointments, while others are collecting information from people who want to get vaccinated.
- Use the statewide vaccine database to find a provider in your area
- Contact the local health department where your business is located. Explain that your staff are part of Phase 1A and provide crirtical services to the older adult population. Ask if they can help vaccinate your staff.
- Or, have your staff register with your local health department to get vaccinated
- To get vaccinated through a health department, you must live or work within the department's jurisdiction. This does not apply to other vaccine providers.
- Have employees contact their health care provider to see if vaccine is available