External Links Policy
From time to time, Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio (“COA”) may provide a listing of external links on its website. In general, only those organizations which have valid contracts with COA to provide services to enrolled clients are listed on or linked to from help4seniors.org (the “Website”). However, some exceptions may apply.
In addition to contracted service providers, the Website contains links to external websites that COA believes contain information of relevance or importance to Website users. These users may include individuals, advisors, contracted service providers, businesses or community organizations looking for programs, services, resources or information relating to aging or disability services.
The inclusion of any external link on the Website is to provide visitors to the Website with additional resources, information or education. A link to an external organization, program or service from the Website does not in any way constitute an endorsement by, of or from COA of that organization, program or service. COA is not responsible for the content of external websites or pages linked to from the Website.
Any requests from a third-party to have their website listed as a link on the Website will be evaluated by COA based on the criteria below. For requests to be included in the Resource and/or Housing Directory please click here.
External Links Criteria
Contracted service providers of COA, who are in good standing with COA and other applicable regulatory agencies, may, upon request, be listed on the Website, in the Resource Directory. When available, links will be included to the provider’s published website. Click here for information about becoming a contracted service provider for COA.
Other requests for links to websites of organizations, programs or services that serve seniors and their families, caregivers, people with disabilities and/or professionals in the field of aging will be considered, provided the organization:
- has been operating for a minimum of six months, employs at least one staff person, and has a published address and phone number. Special consideration may be given to private non-profit entities designed to administer federal or state funding: and
- is located in, or serves residents of, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton or Warren counties. Exceptions may include:
- organizations outside the service area that offer a service not otherwise available within the above five-county region; or
- is a service provider for the entire State of Ohio or the entire United States of America
Preference is given to non-profits or organizations that offer services for free, low cost, or on a sliding fee scale.
COA reserves the right to edit any provided information to meet format, guideline and space requirements. COA neither evaluates nor assumes responsibility for the quality or accuracy of information or services provided through external links listed on the Website.
Any concerns or comments related to the content of sites accessed through external links should be directed to the owner of that website. Please use our contact form to report broken links. Please include a link to the page on the Website where the incorrect or broken link is listed.
Use of any information obtained from external links is voluntary, and you should not rely on such information until after you have undertaken an independent review of its accuracy, completeness, efficacy and timeliness.
COA’s External Links Policy does not prohibit the inclusion of organizations or programs that target services based on age, gender, health, disability or other characteristic designed to meet special needs of targeted populations.
COA reserves the right to refuse to list or discontinue to list any links for any organizations that have had any complaints lodged against them with any regulatory body or with COA. In addition, COA has the sole discretion to include or exclude any external link on the Website at all times. Inclusion or exclusion of an external link does not constitute endorsement, review, vetting, disapproval or liability on the part of COA.
Examples of external links that may be denied for COA’s website
- For-profit and/or fee-for-service organizations (particularly those headquartered outside Council on Aging’s five-county service area) that offer a service that is the same or similar to programs and services already offered by or through COA or other non-profit/charitable organization already represented on the website.
- Individual doctors, nurses or other private practitioners (regardless of whether they accept Medicare or Medicaid assignments). As an exception, sole providers of particular services, especially in rural and or underserved areas, may be included at the discretion of COA.
- Local service groups, unless direct services are offered to the community.
- Churches, synagogues, mosques or other religious organizations, unless they offer a service which is open to the community and helps meet the needs of the community at large.
- Programs that do not serve seniors and their families, caregivers, people with disabilities or professionals in the field of aging.
- Agencies that give information or provide public awareness that is solely for political or business purposes, including informational websites sponsored by attorneys and law firms.
The above list is not inclusive and may be modified at any time by COA.
For questions regarding this External Links policy, please contact us.