HOME Choice is a Medicaid wrap-around program that provides extra support and help with housing to transition eligible Ohioans out of nursing facilities and into home and community-based settings.
A Transitions Coordinator works with individuals to find housing, set up a household (financial assistance may be available), and connect to services that can help them live independently:
- Case management (before and after transition)
- Independent living skills training and community support coaching
- Healthcare, medications, and long-term care services and supports
- Other services necessary as identified by the discharge planning team
For Ohioans of any age who:
- Have lived in a long-term care facility for at least 90 days at time of discharge
- Are active on Medicaid and meet income requirements
- Agree to move into qualified housing
For more information, review the Community Transitions and HOME Choice brochure, or call Council on Aging at (513) 721-1025 or (800) 252-0155, Option 2.