HOME Choice is a Medicaid transition program that assists eligible Ohioans age 18 and older to move from a long-term care facility into a home and community-based setting.
HOME Choice offers: Transitions Coordination, which may include:
- Collaboration with discharge planners and care team to determine services and supports needed in the community
- Help finding housing
- Coordinating Community Transition Services
- Identifying other community resources
To be eligible for Ohio's HOME Choice program, you must be 18 years or older and:
- lived in a long-term care facility for at least 90 days at time of discharge
- active on Medicaid and meet income requirements
- have income to sustain community living
- participate in a needs assessment and have a need for the program
- have care needs that can be adequately met in a community setting
How do I learn more and apply?
Individuals, family members or guardians will work with the long-term care facility and HOME Choice transition staff to apply, discuss options and coordinate services and supports.
The application is available online at medicaid.ohio.gov/HomeChoice
Questions? Contact the Ohio Department of Medicaid HOME Choice Bureau (888) 221-1560 or HOME_Choice@medicaid.ohio.gov