Home health aides provide a vital service for older adults who wish to remain independent in their homes as long as possible. Currently, there is a serious nationwide shortage of professional aides, resulting in more family members being called on to provide care for their loved ones – often on short notice and with little or no training.
EVRTalk can help
EVRTalk is a revolutionary virtual reality training experience designed to help family caregivers feel more comfortable with their role and improve the caregiving experience for everyone.
It presents caregiving situations from both the caregiver’s and the care recipient’s points of view, helping to encourage empathy and understanding of what older adults may experience when being cared for.
Participants wear a headset and are immersed into a complete environment equipped with digital conversations and graphics.
EVRTalk provides caregiver training based on real life scenarios. There are five caregiving-related training scenarios currently available:
- Learning Medication Management
- Starting the Conversation on Incontinence
- Talking Down a Hallucination
- What is Caregiver Burnout?
- Having a Conversation About End-of-Life Wishes
Please contact Judy Eschmann to learn more about EVRTalk if you are:
- a caregiver for an older adult and feel you could benefit from this training,
- an organization that employs health aides that would like to offer this unique approach for their training,
- a business with employees needing support for caregiving, or
- an older adult receiving care and feel your caregiver may benefit from this training.