Very Important! Currently, the Utility and Home Modification Assistance Program is on a Waiting List. You may still send in a referral and if we are able to serve you, we will contact you.
What is the Utility and Home Repair Assistance Program?
The Utility and Home Repair Assistance Program was developed by Hamilton County Commissioners to provide eligible older adults with assistance paying their Duke Energy, Greater Cincinnati Water Works utility bill or provide eligible older adults with assistance in home modification or repairs so they may age in place.
The utility assistance provides a onetime credit for either Duke Energy or Greater Cincinnati Water Works for each household that meets the eligibility criteria, not both.
The home repairs assistance may provide ramps, repair to railings, bathroom grab bars, HVAC repair or other maintenance to help older adults continue to remain living in home.
Who is eligible?
The Senior Utility and Home Repair Assistance Program is for Hamilton County residents age 60 and older who meet certain income requirements and who are not eligible for utility assistance through other available programs.
- Hamilton County residents ages 60 and over
- Older adult or other family member in the household currently paying the utility bill
- Ineligible for other assistance programs
- Household income of 300% of poverty level or below, following the guidelines below:
- 1 person in household annual income of $0-$40,770
- 2 people in household annual income of $0-$54,930
- 3 people in household annual income of $0-$69,090
- 4 people in household annual income of $0-$83,250
- 5 people in household annual income of $0-$97,410
- 6 people in household annual income of $0-$111,570
- 7 people in household annual income of $0-$125,730
- 8 people in household annual income of $0-$139,890
How do I apply?
- Apply online, or
- download Utility Assistance form, or
- download Home Modification form, complete and return to Council on Aging:
NOTE: Each household that meets the eligibility criteria above may apply for assistance for either their Duke Energy OR Greater Cincinnati Water Works bill, not both.
Mail to: Council on Aging, Attn: Cherry Bartlett, 4601 Malsbary Road, Blue Ash, OH 45242
Email to: HCUtility@help4seniors.org
Fax to: (513) 538-0411, Attn: Cherry Bartlett
If you are unable to apply online or download and/or print the application, please call us at (513) 743-9000 and request an application be mailed to you.
Once we receive your application, we will contact you to further assess your eligibility for the program.
What if I have questions?
If you have questions, please call COA at (513) 743-9000.