Council on Aging’s innovative home52 Transportation service is now available to adults in southwestern Ohio who need transportation to medical and other appointments.
Developed by home52 and powered by Council on Aging, home52 Transportation is different from other transportation options, including public transit and rideshare services, as it provides hands-on, through-the-door service for same-day or advance-scheduled appointments. home52 Transportation also offers real-time tracking and communication with drivers to ensure a seamless experience.
home52 Transportation launched in May 2021 and has been serving older adults enrolled in Hamilton County’s Elderly Services Program and other riders through regional grants. Since its launch, the service has provided more than 100,000 trips for nearly 2,000 individuals. Now, the service is expanding to serve more adult riders in southwestern Ohio via a self-pay option.
Through home52 Transportation, riders have more control over their transportation needs through an online scheduling tool, Passenger Portal. In Passenger Portal, riders (or someone they designate) can schedule and manage rides and receive real-time updates about their scheduled trips.
home52 Transportation takes pride in its commitment to serving older adults and individuals with disabilities. Feedback from riders demonstrates the commitment staff and transportation providers in the home52 network have providing a high-quality service.
- 97% of riders get as much help as they need to get to the vehicle, as well as in and out of the vehicle
- 99% of riders feel safe and secure during the ride
- 98.7% of riders said they can depend on their transportation
- 58% of riders said access to home52 Transportation helped improve their health
Thanks to support from AARP and Toyota Motor North America, home52 Transportation has developed educational materials to help riders learn how to use Passenger Portal to schedule their own rides. These instructional videos, printed guides, and available in-person training sessions will make the transportation experience as smooth as possible.
Visit www.home52.org/riders to learn more or contact the home52 Transportation Coordination Center at (855) 546-6352.
- Live in southwestern Ohio
- Adults only (no children)
- Create an account in home52 Transportation’s Passenger Portal
- Have a specialized need for transportation services (i.e., require assistance from the home to the vehicle)
- Contact the home52 Transportation coordination center for one-way trip costs:
- (855) 546-6352
- Pre-scheduled appointments to address medical, dental, vision or mental health needs
- Same-day “sick” visits for medical, dental, vision or mental health needs with two hours notice
- Regularly occurring appointments for treatment of a chronic condition
- Pharmacy visits to pick up prescriptions
- Trips for wellness activities (i.e. shopping, banking, recreational activities, faith-based activities)
- Stretcher service is not available for self-pay clients
Transportation services are available 6 am–6 pm, Monday – Friday. Weekend transportation for self-pay customers is not currently available.
Questions? Contact the home52 Transportation Coordination Center at (855) 546-6352 or email@example.com.
home52 is a subsidiary of Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio. Leveraging 50 years of experience, Council on Aging and home52 are experts at helping individuals, families and caregivers manage complex medical and long-term care needs. home52 offers services that align with Council on Aging’s mission to help individuals remain independent in their homes and communities. Click here to learn more about how home52 Transportation was born.