PASSPORT is a Medicaid program that helps older adults with disabilities receive care and support in their homes, instead of a nursing home.
Services are similar to the Elderly Services Program, but are more intensive and may include:
- care management
- adult day care and out-of-home respite
- medical equipment and home modification
- emergency response system
- homemaking and personal care
- ability to hire your own workers (restrictions apply)
- help with out-of-pocket health costs
- and more…
- Age 60 and older
- Low-income (Medicaid eligible)
- Require skilled or intermediate level of care, including hands on help with activities such as bathing, eating or mobility (nursing home level of care – at least 2 ADLs and 3 IADLs)
- Not eligible for MyCare Ohio
- Eligibility for specific services determined by care manager during in-home assessment
*May not be eligible if currently receiving or if you qualify for developmental disabilities (DD) waiver services.