As you learned in the FastTrack Home video for discharge planners, the program provides temporary supportive services when they’re needed most – as an older adults leaves a hospital or nursing home. Services are provided at no cost to the older adult for up to 60 days.
To qualify for FastTrack home, a patient must:
- Be discharging from a hospital or nursing home
- Need of help with everyday activities such as bathing, driving and preparing meals
- Be able to be cared for safely in a home – not institutional – setting
- Agree to a home visit from a care manager
- Meet the age requirement for the county in which they live:
|County of Residence||Age|
*FastTrack Home is currently a pilot program in Butler County. Care management and home-delivered meals are the only services available to clients living in this county.
Making a FastTrack Home Referral
Please make the referral to FastTrack Home several days before discharge so services can be in place when the patient returns home.
To make a referral, you can do one of the following:
- Email email@example.com,
- call (513) 618-2313,
- send the referral through EpicCare Link,
- fax (513) 538-0777, or
- contact your designated FastTrack Home care manager.
If you have any questions about the FastTrack Home program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 618-2313.