Elderly Services Program (ESP)
The Elderly Services Program helps older adults remain safe and independent in their homes by expanding care already provided by family and friends. ESP prevents unnecessary nursing home placement. COA administers ESP programs in Butler, Clinton, Hamilton and Warren counties. These programs are funded by county tax levies.
Services may include:
- care management
- adult day care
- medical equipment
- home modification
- emergency response system
- homemaking and personal care
- ability to hire your own workers (restrictions apply)
- and more...
- Butler and Clinton county residents: Age 65+
- Hamilton and Warren county residents: Age 60+
- Require help with certain activities of daily living (ADLs and IADLs) such as bathing, cooking, transportation, etc.
- Eligibility for specific services determined by care manager during in-home assessment
- Ineligible for services through another payer such as Medicaid, Medicare, insurance or hospice
For more information about ESP, review the Elderly Services Program Fact Sheet and the Elderly Services Program Cost Sharing Fact Sheet.
For information about ESP in Hamilton and Clinton Counties, call Council on Aging at (513) 721-1025 or (800) 252-0155, Option 2.
For information about ESP in Butler County, click here or call (513) 868-9281.
For information about ESP in Warren County, click here or call (513) 695-2271.
Clermont County administers its own similar program. For information, contact Clermont Senior Services at (513) 724-1255.