The Elderly Services Program (ESP) helps eligible older adults remain safe and independent in their homes by providing in-home care services such as personal care, housekeeping, meals, transportation and more.
ESP expands care older adults may already receive from family and friends and prevents unnecessary nursing home placement.
Council on Aging administers the Elderly Services Program in Butler, Clinton, Hamilton and Warren counties via contracts with commissioners in those counties. The Elderly Services Program is funded by county tax levies.
Services available through ESP may include:
- care management
- adult day care
- medical equipment
- home modification
- emergency response system
- homemaking and personal care
- ability to hire your own workers (restrictions apply)
- and more…
To be eligible, individuals must:
- Be a Clinton County resident age 65+ OR a Butler, Hamilton or Warren County resident age 60+
- Require help with certain activities of daily living (ADLs and IADLs) such as bathing, cooking, transportation, etc.
- Be ineligible for services through another payer such as Medicaid, Medicare, insurance or hospice
Eligibility for specific services is determined by care manager during an in-home assessment.
Income is not used to determine eligibility for this program. However, depending on financial resources, individuals may be required to help pay for the cost of their care through a co-payment (called cost-sharing).
More Information and Enrollment
Services and eligibility vary slightly from county to county. For more information, review the ESP brochure for your county.
Click here to learn more about cost-sharing in the Elderly Services Program.
To talk to someone by phone:
- Hamilton County: (513) 721-1025 or (800) 252-0155, Option 2.
- Clinton County: (937) 584-7200 or (800) 252-0155.
- Butler County: Screening and eligibility provided by Life Span – Community First Solutions (513) 868-9281 or online
- Warren County: Screening and eligibility provided by Warren County Community Services (513) 695-2271 or online
Clermont County administers a similar program. For information, contact Clermont Senior Services at (513) 724-1255.