Specialized Recovery Services Program
The program offers specialized support for adults with severe and persistent mental illness, certain diagnosed chronic health conditions, or who are active on a transplant waiting list.
Eligible individuals receive full Medicaid care and may also receive the following services:
- Recovery Management: assistance developing a plan of care specific to the individual’s needs
- Individual Placement and Support (IPS): help finding and keeping a job
- Peer Support: support from others with similar life experiences
Council on Aging recovery managers provide the care plan and peer support services in a 21-county region.
- be at least 21 years old
- meet income requirements
- be diagnosed with a severe and persistent mental illness, or actively on the solid organ or soft tissue transplant waiting list (or previous transplant recipient), or have a diagnosed chronic condition, including certain malignancies, HIV/AIDS or immune deficiencies, end stage renal disease, sickle cell anemia, cystic fibrosis, or hemophilia
- need help with medical appointments and/or activities of daily living
- not live in a nursing facility, hospital or similar setting
Specialized Recovery Services Program is administered by the Ohio Department of Medicaid: (800) 324-8680 or www.ohiomh.com.
For more information, call the Council on Aging at (513) 721-1025 or (800) 252-0155, Option 2.