Council on Aging (COA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing quality of life for older adults, people with disabilities, their families and caregivers. We promote choice, independence, dignity and well-being through a range of services that help people remain in their homes for as long as possible.
Founded in 1971, COA is part of the national aging services network and is a state-designated Area Agency on Aging, serving individuals across a multi-county region. Our core service area includes Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton and Warren counties, with limited programming in Greene and Montgomery counties. One call to COA links people to the wide variety of agencies, information and programs that serve older adults, people with disabilities and their caregivers.
As an Area Aging on Agency, we are responsible for planning, coordinating and administrating local, state and federally-funded programs and services for older adults, people with disabilities and caregivers in our planning and service area: Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton and Warren counties.
Council on Aging’s mission is to enhance lives by assisting people to remain independent through a range of quality services.
Our vision is to be the premier standard in maximizing independence and quality of life.
With more than 40 years of experience, Council on Aging is...
- A “front door” to information and resources, responding to more than 50,000 requests for information and referrals annually
- A program administrator and care management organization helping more than 20,000 people annually to remain independent in their homes and communities
- An innovator, developing programs and pilot projects that improve health care and reduce costs
- An advocate, educating elected officials and building collaborations to develop age- and disability-friendly communities
- A steward of public funds, working always to provide the highest quality services for the lowest possible cost to serve as many clients as possible with the tax dollars
At COA, we value everyone
At Council on Aging, we recognize that we are not all the same, and believe everyone has a role to play. We welcome to our team, people from all backgrounds, races, beliefs and lifestyles and appreciate how their varying perspectives enrich our internal culture and enhance our work. We show our commitment to this inclusivity in everything we do and expect our partners to practice the same in their business efforts.
If you would like to comment on our environment of inclusion, please contact our EEOC officer, Jacqueline Hutsell at email@example.com or 513-623-3891.