Stores with Dedicated Shopping Hours for Seniors and Others at Risk
With all that is happening in the world right now, seniors may not be comfortable leaving home to shop with any crowds that may be out there. Many stores have dedicated shopping hours for seniors and those with underlying health conditions. Current as of Tuesday, September 1, 2020.
- Big Lots: The first hour of each day is reserved for senior citizens and anyone who is vulnerable to this virus. Find your local store's opening time here.
- Costco: Special shopping hour from 8-9 am, Monday-Friday, for those 60 and older, those with disabilities, or are immunocompromised. Only members will be admitted. No guests.
- CVS: Most stores open every Wednesday 9 -10 am for at-risk customers, including those 65 and older.
- Dollar General: First hour after opening each day is dedicated to senior shoppers.
- The Fresh Market: 8-9 am each weekday is dedicated to seniors and others most at risk as defined by the CDC.
- Findlay Market: One-hour shopping period on Wednesdays and Fridays and special Farmers Market shopping hour Sunday, 9-10 am for those 60 and older and vulnerable populations.
- Kroger: In some areas, opening one hour early (7 am) to accommodate seniors and other high-risk groups. Use the store locator to find your store's opening time.
- Meijer: Meijer stores and pharmacies have dedicated shopping times for seniors and those with chronic health conditions, 7-8 am, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Sam's Club: Special hours for seniors, people with disabilities and those with compromised immune systems: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7-9 a.m.
- Target: First hour of shopping on Tuesday and Wednesday reserved for those 65 and older and those defined by the CDC as vulnterable or at-risk. Check the store locator for your store's opening time.
- Trader Joe's: The first hour of shopping every day is reserved for customers 60 and older and those with disabilities who may need additional assistance. Stores open either at 8 am or 9 am. Visit Trader Joe's website for your store's opening time.
- Walmart: Stores and pharmacies open one hour early on Tuesdays for those 60 and older and others most vulnerable to Coronarivus. Special shopping hour is typically 6-7 am, but check your local store to be sure.
- Whole Foods: All U.S. stores have dedicated shopping hours for those 60 and older and those the CDC defines as high risk. Visit the store locator for special hours at your nearest store.
Please keep in mind that Council on Aging is here to help if you don’t feel comfortable going out at all. Call us at (513) 721-1025.