Information for Current Elderly Services Program Providers
This section contains important information for providers contracted for Elderly Services Program services with Council on Aging.
In addition to serving COA clients, COA and its contracted providers work together on community initiatives designed to enhance the lives of older adults. These include emergency preparedness, advocacy, and projects related to health, wellness, safety, and transportation.
If you are an existing COA provider (ESP or Title III) and want to add services or expand into additional COA counties, you must contact the Provider Services Department at Provider_Services@help4seniors.org. Expansion procedures often vary among different programs.
Current providers experiencing a major change in the agency’s information should immediately notify COA’s Chief Executive Officer in writing. Major changes would include, but are not limited to:
- Agency name change
- Change in federal tax ID number
- Change in ownership
- Change in legal structure
- Purchase by another entity
- A request to discontinue providing any service
- And/or a request to discontinue providing services in a specific geographic area
The Council on Aging logos shown below are available for our contracted providers to use on their websites or print materials. Click on the preferred format (GIF or JPG) for one of the logos below. When the logo opens in a new window, right click on the image and select “Save As.” Note: JPG files are large, and may take a few minutes to appear.
Rules and Service Specifications for Elderly Service Program
Conditions of Participation
Database Review and Criminal Records Check
- Adult Day Services (Butler, Hamilton and Warren counties)
- Adult Day Services (Clinton County only)
- Assisted Living Service
- Behavioral Health (Butler County only)
- Consumer Directed Care (Butler, Clinton and Hamilton Counties)
- Emergency Response Systems (all counties)
- Environmental Services (all counties)
- Home Care Assistance (HCA) (Hamilton County only - effective December 1, 2018)
- Home Care Assistance (HCA) (Butler and Warren Counties effective October 1, 2017)
- Home Medical Equipment (Butler, Clinton and Hamilton counties - effective April 1, 2019)
- Minor Home Modification and Repair (all counties)
- Home Delivered Meals - ESP/Title III (all counties)
- Homemaker Services (Clinton County only effective October 1, 2017)
- Independent Living Assistance (Butler, Hamilton and Warren counties - effective May 1, 2019)
- Medical Transportation (all counties)
- Non-Medical Transportation (Butler County only)
- Non-Medical Transportation (Hamilton County only)
- Personal Care/Respite (Clinton County only effective October 1, 2017)
Provider Quality Reports
The 2020, first quarter (Jan.-March) Provider Quality Reports (PQRs) are now available for Butler, Clinton, Hamilton, and Warren Counties. If you have questions about your most recent quality report, please contact COA’s Provider Services Department.
Client Choice Tables
Clients of the Elderly Services Program have the option to choose the provider organization they want for their services. But often, people are not familiar with organizations and don’t know which to choose. Now, Council on Aging has created a Client Choice Table that will help people select a provider. Currently, this table is available only for clients of the Hamilton County Elderly Services Program who have home-delivered meals or home care assistance as services. Over time, Council on Aging will be expanding this to other services and counties.
The Client Choice Table for home-delivered meals providers in Hamilton County includes a quality rating for each of the six providers (one to four stars). This quality rating is based on client satisfaction surveys and cost to produce the meals. The table also shows the zip codes each provider serves. Some providers do not serve certain zip codes.
- Click here to view the Home-delivered Meals Client Choice Table (updated 12/22/2016)
- Click here to view the Home-delivered Meals Client Choice Table in Russian (updated 10/26/2016)
- Click here to view the Home-delivered Meals Client Choice Table in Spanish (updated 10/26/2016)