The Ohio Department of Aging (ODA) is conducting the 2017 Statewide Needs Assessment Survey to collect Ohioans’ opinions and better understand what matters most to residents. You can participate! Perspectives shared through the survey will be combined and put to use as ODA works to develop Ohio’s 2019-2022 State Plan on Aging. The four-year State Plan will guide programs and services for Ohio’s older adults.
The survey allows Ohioans to respond anonymously. It consists of easy-to-answer multiple-choice questions and takes about 15 minutes to complete. Topics included in the survey are:
- Health, Wellness, and Prevention: Physical activity, nutrition and food assistance, oral health, vision health, hearing, tobacco use, falls
- Volunteerism: Volunteering status and information
- Caregiver Support: Caregiver status, time commitment, reason for being a caregiver
- Independent Living: Transportation and mobility, assistance with in-home needs, emergency preparedness, best practices for communicating with older adults, isolation, elder abuse, physical environment
- Community: Rural or urban, importance of aging in place
- Demographics: County, age, race, gender, income level, education level, employment status
Click here to take the Statewide Needs Assessment Survey online.
Or, download a printable survey to complete and mail in.
Because survey responses are anonymous, online surveys must be completed in one visit. Responses will be lost if the browser window is closed before completing the survey. Clicking “done” at the end of the survey saves and records responses in the survey tool.
The survey closes on Nov. 30, 2017.