On April 18, COA launched a brand-new website at www.help4seniors.org.
Not only did the website get a modern facelift, we also built it using the most up-to-date technology so users are able to access the full website from any device: laptop or desktop computer, tablet or mobile phone. More than 30 percent of our users in the past year reached the site using a mobile device, and almost 10 percent using a tablet such as an iPad.
Referred to as “mobile-responsive,” the website automatically resizes based on the size and orientation of the device used to view it. Previously, COA had two versions of our website: the full version optimized for use on a desktop or laptop computer and a mobile version, that contained only a small portion of the website’s content.
In addition, we made the following updates:
- Streamlined website navigation, which includes visual funnels on the home page to quickly direct users who identify as a potential client, a caregiver or a service provider to the most-relevant content
- Ability to share website pages with others via social sites and text
- Clean, modern design with a visual focus on those we serve
- New event calendar that lets users export events to their personal calendars
All of the site’s most-popular user features remain:
- Searchable and printable resource directory with about 1,600 listings within our five-county service area
- Searchable and printable housing database with lisings in our five-county service area
- Real time job postings with ability to apply online
- Form for making referrals for COA services
- Information and resources for service providers
- Information about all of our programs and services
- Council on Aging news